Appliances are tools to make life more pleasurable and give people time to do the things that are most important to them. There isn’t a one-size-fits-all solution for which appliance package is best but by doing some research, a little leg work and being savvy during negotiations appliance shoppers should be able to find the right fit.
- A great way to start figuring out which appliances will be best for your situation is to figure out your personal preferences. Go online and do a search for appliances so you can see different options. Start a list of things that impress you. Consider the look and finish, consider features that would improve your lifestyle and make your everyday chores easier. Jot down brands that have impressed you or worked well for you in the past. Be sure to look at the project page at perrynewmandesign.com to see what has worked for recent clients.
- Once you have a list of things you like, consider subscribing to a service like consumerreports.org (which will give you reviews of products and let you compare to choose the appliances that are right for you). The cost is less than seven dollars for one month and that gives you time to research and know which options perform the best.
- Choose the three top options you find and print out information about each of them.
- It’s time to go window shopping! Do an online search to find local stores that sell the brands you are leaning toward. Try to think beyond big, box stores and consider smaller dealers as well.
- Go see the appliances in person and thoroughly examine the machines, see how they look and feel and function. Ask about different handles, upgrades and other options. During this process, you will start to know what you like and will work best for you.
- Ask about pricing and make notes on your printed information.
- When you feel confident you have narrowed down the options to what will work for you, it’s time to find the best price and negotiate. Check online, check what the big, box stores advertise and talk to your local dealer so you are confident you know what a good price for your selection will be.
- Look for sales and ask if there are rebates, package bonuses or other incentives. Use that information to find where you can get the best price and most value on the appliances you have selected.
- Make sure you are aware of warranties and how the appliances should be serviced.
- Once you have done all of this, purchase your appliances and decide that you will love your choices.
By following these steps appliance shoppers will make educated and informed selections, acquiring appliances that will meet their needs for many years. Since there is such variety in types of appliances and needs of consumers, it helps to have an experienced professional lead you through your selections. Appliance selection is part of the Perry Newman Design renovation experience and we are happy to lead you through these steps to the best possible outcome for your project. Simply give us a call at 801.971.0868 or fill out the form on our contact page to get started with a complementary, in-home consultation.